Project Angel Hugs survives on the kind help of both adult and youth volunteers. Volunteers can work behind-the-scenes or take a more active role. Contact us to volunteer. Even one hour means a lot!
Our adult workers assist our youth volunteers, clean, file, computer entry, assemble newsletters and other mailings, and work fund raisers. Let us know the area you want to help.
Bring your Youth Group in for an "Angel KISS Gathering" where they can see what it's like for a child with cancer and then prepare a KISS for them. The program takes about an hour. During the first half, the kids watch a 20-minute presentation on Nessa's life and the history of Project Angel Hugs. They then receive a name and general information on the child afflicted with cancer. The kids prepare an Angel KISS for that child which is a small mailable craft that fits inside a card that the youth with also make for them. Early Release afternoons in the Plymouth School District are another opportunity for 5th grade and older kids to help. Check out our calendar for other opportunities.
Become one of our Prayer Warriors for the many children struggling during their cancer treatments. Internet access is necessary to be a Prayer Warrior since information is sent via email.
25+ Volunteer and Support Ideas
- Organize a Toy Drive
- Arrange a Sticker Drive
- Collect Mother’s gifts
- Prepare a Christmas Stocking Stuffers Drive
- Create Christmas ornaments
- Design greeting cards
- Stamp Gift and Goodie Bags
- Create Christmas gift sacks
- Become a Teen Angel
- Become an Adult supervisor
- Become a party delivery person
- Prepare and Host a Fund Raiser
- Act as the Fundraiser chairperson
- Serve as the Birthday Hug Organizer
- Assist with sending Angel KISSes
- Help with HUG mailing assembly
- Prepare party supplies
- Assist in newsletter and other mailings
- Wrap Christmas gifts
- Bake treats for meetings and workdays
- Minister as a Prayer Warrior
- Clean Project Angel Hugs office
- Assist by writing "Thank You" notes
- Pray for our Ministry
- Purchase Project Angel Hugs wristbands $3
I have found that the amount of time I donate has been given back to me 100 times over in knowing I helped another in need. Taking the first step in volunteering may be the hardest, but well worth the effort. For in doing so, you find in your heart a change will occur. By focusing on others, I have found my own problems diminish in size. Many times I canít do anything to change my struggles, but I can do something to change someone elseís day. Be an angel - touch a heart. You might find the heart you touch is yours!
Char Jensema, Founder